J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
Business Overview: Securities Operations
Securities Operations provides back office support to the investment bank business across multiple products, businesses and client segments across the wholesale bank. Key services include providing operational support across various business lines such as Global Custody, Corporate Actions, Trade Settlements, Mutual Funds, Margin, Retirements and a number of other functions that are all part of the Securities Operations.
The Securities Processing hub in Buenos Aires is being established to support our clients in the Western Hemisphere in the same time zone, working alongside the other hub locations in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Open Role: The Margin Department is responsible for the administration of the margin and credit rules of various regulatory agencies, including but not limited to The Federal Reserve Board, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), UK’s Financial Services Authority (FSA), as well as the Firm’s internal requirements. The department also facilitates the movement and withdrawal of a client’s cash and securities. The team performs a series of manual validations and callbacks to ensure that collateral movements are confirmed and accurate before leaving the Firm. Finally, the team provides customer service in the form of responding to general inquires and margin questions.
Each time a Margin exception is triggered by client trading activity, it is analyzed by the team to determine if manual action is required. These exceptions might include trading activity that results in an unsecured debit or short position, good faith violation, box position in a margin account, violations to the Reg T, etc.
Key Operational Areas:
• Monitors margin loans for accounts with respect to equity levels.
• Validate, issue and collects various types of margin calls.
• Provides enhanced leverage margin calculations: SEC Rule 15c3, Rules Based, Stock Loan, Prime Collateralization, Cross Margin, Portfolio Margin, etc
• Manages and approves requests for cash and security movements in accordance with the Global Funds Transfer Policy.
• Partners with Risk Departments to identify potential issues and facilitates a daily risk list of escalated issues.
• Partner with clients, advisors, account managers and middle offices to manage daily exceptions.
• Acting as a key point of contact between the front offices and operations, providing customer service in the form of responding to general inquires across all operational matters either directly or redirecting to subject matter experts across JPMS.