Full Stack Developer- Associate
The successful candidate will work in the Glasgow Technology Centre as an expert developer based in Glasgow. There are a number of exciting and cutting edge green field roles building out the Securities Processing Platform. This is a major bank wide greenfield build out involving global teams of talented developers and is rethinking the way JP Morgan implements Post Trade platforms. You will be expected to be a well-regarded and respected individual contributor; possess strong inter-personal skills, as well as proven track record of application development with skills in UI development.
Roles of responsibility:
• Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
• Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
• Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
• Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
• Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
• Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
- Hands-on, applied and delivery focused
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open minded with an ability to work in a team environment
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance STP platforms
- Full stack development across all three tiers GUI, Java and DB(oracle)
- Experience using CI tools like Jenkins or similar
- Prior experience in the financial industry
- In-depth knowledge of at least one major front-end framework (Angular, React, or Vue)
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience deploying, testing, and debugging web applications across multiple browsers
- Strong experience with CSS, and preferably a CSS preprocessor such as LESS or SCSS
- Strong knowledge of at least one major object-oriented programming language
- Experience with modern web build tools, such as Webpack or Browserify
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs and WebSocket services
- Experience with functional reactive programming
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing date: 23/04/2018