Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
Retains, manages and expands major merchant relationships. Manages a portfolio of merchant accounts, Associations and Franchise Relationships by increasing revenue through cross-selling company products and services. Maintains strong relationships with key decision-makers within assigned accounts and the industry in order to ensure retention of all accounts. Acts as a payment processing consultant to assigned relationships. Bids and re-negotiates merchant contracts with annual bankcard volume typically from $5MM to 15MM.
1. Directs the management of all account relationships within an assigned portfolio, typically through non-face to face communication channels, written and verbal. This includes negotiating contracts needed to meet retention and consulting goals. Management of assigned portfolio includes regular status reporting and ongoing maintenance of portfolio database system used to measure performance and/or results.
2. Acts as transaction processing consultant for clients providing alternative processing solutions and options. Monitors and analyzes financial consequences of processing methods, and works with clients to minimize their costs in this area.
3. Identifies improvements to existing systems/products, and opportunities for new products and services. Sells value-added products or services to existing accounts.
4. Develops and implements educational programs designed to improve client’s transaction processing performance.
5. Works with internal departments to ensure a high level of support for the client. Examples include resolving software, hardware, and policy problems.
6. Manages communications with lines of business partners to ensure a unified account management strategy with client base.
7. Identifies and implements processes to reduce companies operating expense.
8. Take complete ownership of managed Association and Franchise relationships and develop relationships within the corporate head office that will strengthen and deepen relationship with thecontacts.
9. Complete marketing plans for each managed Association and Franchise, execute to increase engagement, commitment by corporate head office and increase CPS brand awareness with franchise.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, marketing or other related fields. In lieu of degree, may have relevant work experience. Typically will have five to seven years of experience within account management, sales or contract negotiations.
3. Skills or Special Abilities
· Knowledge of bankcard industry and procedures.
· Bilingual preferred
· Knowledge of computer software systems including word processing and spreadsheets.
· Ability to provide professional and interpersonal communication when interacting with others.
· Ability to enhance revenue and market share through effective use of relationship management skills.
· Knowledge of bankcard sales or support experience strongly preferred.
· Ability to analyze and research to resolve issues.
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with customer contacts.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.